Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV will receive a new expansion pack later this year, alongside a Nintendo Switch version and a second season pass.
Previously released for the PS4 earlier this year, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV is about to get a hefty amount of new content with the release of the Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack, which launches at the end of the year. Alongside the pack, a Nintendo Switch version of the game has been announced, and Season Pass 2 will follow in 2021.
The expansion pack introduced the ability to trade with Eurasian empires, a new War Chronicles mode, map changes including new geographical advantages and foreign cities, and more besides. Season Pass 2, meanwhile, features additional content launching between February and May, including new scenarios, events, editors, and cosmetics.
Five purchase options will be available - two for RTK14 owners and three for newcomers:
- Expansion Pack - Expansion Pack only
- Expansion Pack Digital Deluxe - Expansion Pack, Season Pass 2
- Expansion Pack Bundle - RTK14 base game, Expansion Pack
- Expansion Pack Bundle Digital Deluxe - RTK14 base game, Expansion Pack, Season Pass 1
- Expansion Pack Bundle Double Digital Deluxe - RTK14 base game, Expansion Pack, Season Pass 1+2
Koei Tecmo has yet to confirm the base contents of the Nintendo Switch version.