Children of Morta to receive updates throughout 2020
17 December 2019 – by Jack Taylor
Children of Morta will receive more than half a dozen updates over the next 12 months, its developer has revealed.
Following its launch in the latter half of 2019 across numerous platforms, a new content roadmap has been released for Children of Morta, detailing some of the updates the game will be receiving.
Its first three updates - all of which are free - will introduce a harder difficulty level, a useful item pack, a New Game Plus mode, and a new playable character; these will seemingly be followed by a further update which is yet to be revealed.
These will be followed by online co-op, an Endless Mode, and a larger item pack - and, later, a paid DLC expansion, featuring a new main quest, a new playable character, new enemies, and a new boss.
The full release is below.
Children of Morta Will See a Mountain of New Content in 2020 as Revealed in an Expansive Content Roadmap
The Bergsons' fight against the Corruption continues in 2020
Warsaw, Poland - December 17, 2019 - Children of Morta, the story-driven rogue-lite RPG developed by Dead Mage and published by 11 bit studios, will receive a ton of content in the coming months and beyond as detailed in a newly released 2020 roadmap.
The latest addition to 11 bit studios' publishing portfolio, Children of Morta has been a massive success story both commercially and creatively. Breaking even on its development costs after only three days on the market, the game was received positively from fans and critics alike.
11 bit studios is excited to offer those passionate fans even more in 2020. As players have come to expect and appreciate, the majority of new content coming to Children of Morta will be available free of charge to those who own the game with only the Uncharted Lands expansion being released as paid DLC. Let's take a look at what's on the way:
- Shrine of Challenge (I) introduces hard difficulty and an item pack with more than 20 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- Setting Sun Inn (II) invites you to New Game+ mode in which players carry their unlocked characters, skill tree, Morv, and Workshop Upgrades into a new playthrough after completing the game.
- Random Encounter (!) means what it says and says what it means - you'll never know what you might find here!
- In the Bergsons' House (III) a new playable character awaits.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary (IV) adds the much anticipated online co-op to the game.
- Temple of the Endless (V) contains a series of arenas with waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and a new boss. This Endless Mode fully supports online co-op.
- The Treasure (VI) update will contain more than 30 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- All this should prepare you for The Uncharted Lands (VII). The next journey for the Bergson family will be a brand new DLC chapter with a main quest and a home event, another playable hero, new enemies, and a new boss.